Jon had off the 4th of July so we decided to go camping with some friends. That fun is a blog unto it's self. But on the actual 4th we went to the parade in Bristol, RI. It was a very special day. Not only did we get to experience the oldest fourth of July celebration but Anders got to see his BFF. I can handle alot that the military life has to offer. Even saying goodbye to friends as we move around, as much as that does suck. But the one thing I worry about most is how will this lifestyle effect my children and their friendships.This last March I had the privilege to stand up at the wedding of my best friend of 29 years. I do know how rare and special that is and I hope that despite moving around that my children can have the same opportunity. Last December Anders best friend Sam moved away from Jacksonville and I take every chance I can to get those two together. Thankfully Sam's grandparents live in Bristol and we got to spend the day with them. After a wonderful day we decided we needed to head home to get the kids down for nap. About 5 hours later we actually left. It was so much fun. In addition to Sam and Anders (or Sanders as they are better known) spending time together I got to spend some face time with a friend I hadn't seen in a while. All in all it was a fabulous day with fabulous friends!
I couldn't believe how big Ben has gotten. He looks so grown up.
Ben was Hailey's first "boyfriend"
watching the parade
watching the parade
A trick a old friend mentioned. I asked Sanders if there was a bug in my camera and this and the following pics were the end results. So cute!
Cuteness!
Poor Ben!
This was the best we could get of all four.
their reward for sitting still for pics
sweet!
After running through the sprinklers hot dogs were a must.
Hailey and Ben shared an ice cream treat
Ben was totally in to the ice cream.
Watching the fireworks
Oh no! I had this wonderful and long comment and it's gone. Boo. In any case, I wanted to say that the photos are wonderful and really capture what makes the 4th of July so special in Bristol. Family, friends, and patriotism. Nothing better. But I also was sad because I thought about how wonderful it would be to watch these two boys grow up together and have days like this over and over again. Alas, the Navy and our husband's patriotic duty trump all. For now.
ReplyDelete