For the 4th of July weekend the Hartley and the Bothel families went to Wellfleet, MA on Cape Cod for a camping trip. We had a blast. Not only was it the first camping trip for Anders and Hailey, but it was my first time camping in a tent. I dubbed the weekend "The Clampetts go to Cape Cod". I'm not sure if any of you have heard the Jeff Foxworthy bit about taking his family to Maui (http://new.music.yahoo.com/jeff-foxworthy/tracks/clampetts-go-to-maui--1049556), but it kept coming to mind as we were packing in tupperware and a random assortment of bags. By the time we were loaded up there was no room left in the van (we basically packed around the kiddos) and Steve's truck was stuffed to the gills and over flowing.
There were 9 of us in all and the only one who didn't have a bike was Hailey. Don't worry, she had a seat for my bike. But it definitely made for a site as our crew drove down the road.
There was a ton of traffic to get on to the Cape, but thankfully we accounted for it and left early. But I just love this pic of Melissa with her feet propped up.
Hotel Hartley
Bothel Barricks
Anders loved playing cornhole, well come to think of it, everyone liked the cornhole. It was quite comical because Anders didn't quite get the rules. While no one expected him to stand all the way back and throw I figured he would stay a bit further back. But it was cute.
Melissa loved the packets that changed the flames to fun colors.
Breakfast around the camp fire.
Anders doing dishes!
"Don't worry guys. I got this!" ~Anders
On Saturday afternoon we went canoeing. It was one of the best events of the weekend, well minus Hailey screaming most of the time. The photo was one of the only ones I was able to get with her happy. I think she liked being in the canoe. She just didn't like being in the lifejacket...which is a must in my book. We started out in one lake and crossed over two others to get to where we were told the good fishing was. The folks that told us that were lying. While we caught a few fish they were tiny and not even worth keeping. Anders actually caught one. It was pretty cool.
He even touched the one he caught!
Anders was actually somewhat of a help paddeling. Thankfully Morgan (whose 11) was a huge help and when Hailey was screaming took over for me so I could take care of Hailey.
Maddy was loving taking flowers from the water. After the 5th or so we decided it was time to take a picture and stop pulling flowers. And I loved how this photo came out.
I really loved the old anchor.
Probably one of Anders favorite parts of the day!
They wouldn't even look at me long enough to take a picture. But I can't say I blame them. It was really good ice cream!
The best we could do of all five.
Sweet moment between Daddy and daughter.
His buddies (who are much taller than he is) decided to walk in the water on the hike we took. He decided to crawl through it and became a huge mess!
To end the weekend we found Mommy juice boxes!
No comments:
Post a Comment