Monday, October 3, 2011

Apple Picking!

Jon and I have been going over things we want to do before we leave the New England area. One thing that made the top of my list was apple picking. So two weekends ago we went apple picking. We had a blast. We love going out to Sweet Berry Farms to pick the seasonal fruit. Two fruits I have never been big fans of are apples and blue berries. But the kids love both so we have gone and picked both and as it turns out I am a fruit snob. Who knew! I have enjoyed eating blueberries and apples fresh from the bush/tree.

One other thing I would like to do is bake a apple pie with apples that my family has picked. However, the kids and I are currently in Jacksonville visiting one of my best friends and her family. So I guess we will have to go apple picking again when we come back so that I can make that apple pie! And I hope Jon hasn't polished off all my apples by the time I return on Thursday.

Checking to make sure there aren't any bad spots.



The "fruits" of their mommy and daddy's labor.

He liked it!

As did Hailey!

When we go back to pick more apples for the apple pie we will get a couple pumpkins as well.

Not a bad shot...

...even funnier with her waving to her beloved fans and his look of bewilderment.



Hailey had a blast climbing on the pumpkins.


Anders love rearranging the pumpkins and gourds, some probably weighed more then he does.





A rare family shot.

The day is done, time to head home for nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment