Sunday, November 6, 2011

Mystic, CT

We decided to go with our friends to Mystic, CT for the day a while back. The original plan was to eat at Mystic Pizza and then head over to the Mystic Aquarium for the afternoon. So our caravan of 3 mom mobiles set off for Mystic for a fun day. We got to Mystic Pizza and enjoyed a really good meal. There is a reason why that place has been open so long and has even been featured in a movie....the food was really good! The husbands all split a pizza as did the 7 kids. Lisa had a Mystic salad and both Jamie and I had calzones. If you are ever in the area I suggest you go and try it out!

The three older boys. Tyler 7, Henry 5, and Anders 3.

Our first attempt at a picture of all 7. FAIL!


On our way out of Mystic we ran into a class mate of the guys. We mentioned that we were heading to the aquarium and they told us to hurry because they were closing at 3pm for a private event...it was 1pm. We decided that the cost of the aquarium was not worth it for only 2 hours (side note:it would have been nice of them to post this kind of thing on their website so we could have planned accordingly...but I digress). So after realizing that seeing the fishies we no longer an option we stood in the parking lot for the longest time trying to decide what to do. We decided on the garlic festival. There was some worries about the kids getting a chance to run around, but I think it worked out perfectly.

My first ever wiener mobile sighting.

We found a grassy patch for the kids to run around on and it worked out perfect. There was a large rock that the boys loved to jump from and the babies loved to try and climb up on.

Boys will be boys!








I think our second attempt at a picture of 7 kids 7 and under (4 of them were under 18 months) turned out pretty darn good.



I do believe that this was the highlight of his day.

Hail hanging with the boys!

After and exhausting day we curled up on the couch for a movie.

One thing I really love about living in New England is how close things are. There are some many fun adventures to be had and all close enough for a day trip! That is one of the few things I will miss. What I will miss more is the great friends we have made! But the good thing about this life is we seem to keep crossing paths with families where ever we seem to move!





No comments:

Post a Comment