Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Calzone night!

So I know I'm not a food blog. But from time to time I find new things that I just love and I want to share. I found this on Pintrest.com and had to try it.

Oh, I did forget to take pictures of a couple of the steps, but you will get the idea.

I prepped all the veggies and pepperoni and sauteed the shrimp.

I rolled a premade pizza dough (I believe it's Pillsbury) out and slided 1/3 on either side leaving the middle whole for the filling. We used ricotta and mozzarella for the cheeses. Jon and Anders had pepperoni and Hailey and I had shrimp. Then we all had loads of veggies.

Tip: The lady who I stole this idea from preferred to lay the dough out on a baking sheet and then cut with scissors. She said doing it on the counter made it too hard to transfer. I thought it was easier to do on the counter and then transfer with spatulas. 

After you are done filling it with all the goodies you take the cut pieces and braid them down.

Anders had a blast helping. He is my little sous chef and he loves it!

The second braiding came out much better than the first.

Hailey ate it up!

It was tough to tell which Anders liked more, the calzone or ceaser salad?

I forgot to take a picture of the finished product.
The only thing I would do different is brush the top with an egg wash. The flour from the counter gave it a dry look, but thankfully it didn't affect the taste! 


We will be doing this again! Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment